DUE TO UNFORSEEN ISSUES
THE 2023 GREAT PLAINS LIVESTOCK SHOW
REGISTRATION WILL TAKE PLACE AT:
2023 GREAT PLAINS SPRING LIVESTOCK SHOW
Friday, May 26 and Saturday, May 27, 2023
John M. Lewis & Sons Livestock Show Barn
403 E. 18th, Larned, Kansas (north of the J.A. Haas Exhibit Building)
* Prizes awarded for Grand and Reserve in each class *
* Door Prizes will be given throughout the day to those who Preregistered *
* $$ prize for Grand and Reserve Showman for each age group/species-$10 at the gate to participate-CASH ONLY *
* Open to both Breeding and Market animals
* Market animals will be sorted into classes by weight*
* Breeding animals will be split by breed and then possibly age, if three or more are in the class *
Order for Friday, May 26th * Show begins at 7:00 p.m.*
- 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. check in and weigh in for Sheep and Goats.
- Show Order: Sheep and Goats with a 15-minute break between species. Breeding, Showmanship, Market.
Order for Saturday, May 27th * Show begins at 9:30 a.m.*
- 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. check in/weigh in for Swine and Beef
- Show Order: Swine and Beef with a 15-minute break between species. Breeding, Showmanship, Market.
- This is a Blow & Go Show. No paint, adhesives, or powder products allowed.
- Show is open to enrolled 4-H members or FFA members, who are 18 years of age or younger before January 1 of the current year.
- Each individual animal is required to be entered on the FairEntry Program. They need to be registered via FairEntry before you weigh your prospect market animal or check in your breeding animals. No limit on number of entries.
- Show Fee: Beef, Sheep, Goats, and Swine $20 per head if preregistered. If not preregistered the show fee will be $25 per head. Preregister and late registration due the day of the show.(see below for Show Fee and Payment)
- Showmanship is $10 cash at the gate. Classes will be split into Juniors 7-9 years of age, and Intermediates 10-13 years of age, and Seniors 14 to 18 years of age. Gate fee will be split 70/30 between Grand & Reserve in each age group.
- Out of State entries are welcome with a current Certificate of Veterinary Inspection; CVI is required.
- All animals must be free of infectious diseases, ringworm, warts, etc., or will be excused from the show.
- All animals must have a 4-H EID tag or have a permanent ID.
- Animal must show as Breeding or Market, but not both.
- All Breeding animals will be sorted first by breed, then by age if more than three in a class.
- All Market Animals will be broken into classes by weight and judged as prospects.
- 4-H/FFA member must show their own animal unless you have two in the same class.
- No animals inside the show barn before 7:00 a.m. the day of the show.
- Pre-entries are not required but encouraged for a chance to win door prizes the day of the show. Entries can be paid for the day of the show.
- Showing off the trailer is encouraged and there will be no small animal pens available.
- Contestants are expected to clean up their own area at the conclusion of the show.
- The Show Committee reserves the right to remove from the grounds any exhibitor, animal, or person they see fit.
- The Pawnee County Extension Office, nor any show volunteers will NOT be held responsible for any loss or damages.
- We want this to be a positive educational experience for the exhibitors and their family.
- All Judge’s decisions will be final, and all rules can be subject to change. The Show Management reserves the right to decide on any rules not covered.
**HOW TO ENTER**
The Entry process will be completed through Fair Entry.
- 4-H Families will use their 4-H Online Credentials
- All Others will need to create an account with Fair Entry
**SHOW FEE AND PAYMENT**
Preregistration by May 22, 2023.
- Payment may be made in advance or the day of show if preregistered
- Cost $20 per head.
- Advance payment may be sent to Pawnee County Extension- 2023 Livestock Show. 715 Broadway Rm 6 Larned, KS 67550 and postmarked May 22, 2023.
- Cash or Check- made payable to "Pawnee County 4-H Council" with Memo indicated "2023 Livestock Show".
Late Registration- After May 22, 2023 or Day of Show
- Late payment is postmarked after May 22, 2023 and payment the day of the show.
- Cost $25 per head (late or day of the show)
- Cash or Check- made payable to "Pawnee County 4-H Council" with Memo indicated as -"2023 Livestock Show"
Showmanship-Day of Show
- Cost $10 at the gate-CASH ONLY
K-State Research and Extension is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Program information may be available in languages other than English. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities, including alternative means for communication (e.g., Braille, large print, audio tape, and American Sign Language) may be requested by contacting the event contact (Kyle Grant) two weeks prior to the start of the event (5-12-2023) at (620-285-6901 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Requests received after this date will be honored when it is feasible to do so. Language access services, such as interpretation or translation of vital information will be provided free of charge to limited English proficient individuals upon request.
Kansas State University Agricultural Experiment Station and Cooperative Extension Service
K-State Research and Extension is an equal opportunity provider and employer.